Student Affairs: Where Students Thrive and Matter
Welcome to the UCI Student Affairs 2022 Strategic Planning website.
Under the leadership of Vice Chancellor Willie L. Banks Jr., Ph.D., this site serves as the repository for our division’s strategic planning process. Transparency in this process is important to our work since we value the participation of all of our campus stakeholders.
Vision, Mission and Values
A short aspirational statement describing what the efforts of the Division of Student Affairs strives to create.
This is the inspiring ideal or “dream” state.
|Student Affairs: Where students thrive and matter.
|We engender to create a “First in Class” experience that will enroll the best and most diverse class of students, assess their needs, and support them with an array of services that allow them to focus their attention on academic and co-curricular learning, self- and knowledge discovery and acquisition, and campus engagement.|
This is the organizational purpose statement. It’s describing what you do, how you do it, and why you do it.
It should be present tense, concise, and outcome oriented.
|The mission is…
To “enhance” the student experience through holistic and inclusive programs, services, and opportunities that promote learning, well-being, and community.
|To enrich student experience from orientation to graduation through comprehensive programs, services and opportunities that enhance academic success, promote health and wellness, develop personal, social and professional skills, and provide insight and learning to lead in a global society.|
Broadly shared beliefs that define, guide, and orient the work and culture of the Division
(*Note: Values are not listed in any order. Advisory Committee discussed defining values or adding statements/words to help clarify the intended meaning and/or to provide common meaning for UCI SA.)
Proposed Strategic Pillars/Themes
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Integrated Student Experience
- Student Learning and Development
- Strategic Resource Management and Planning
- Staff Experience
Previous Strategic Plan
Visions of Possibility Through 2025
- April 13, 2022 – P.R.A.C.T.I.C.E.S. and Survey Data Collection – Strategic Planning Survey Report
- Division and Campus Document Review (March 2022)
- May 10-26 – Remote Interviews – Comprehensive Report
Facilitators: VP Denzil Suite, University of Washington and VP Soncia Reagins-Lilly, UT Austin Stakeholder groups:
- Enrollment Management
- Service Staff (w/ Spanish Language Interpreter)
- Administrative Professionals
- Wellness, Health, & Counseling AVC Direct Reports
- Student Life & Leadership AVC Direct Reports
- OVCSA AVC Direct Reports
- Auxiliary Services AVC Direct Reports
- Student Affairs Managers and Directors Group (SAMAG)
- University Advancement
- Division of Finance and Administration
- Office of Equal Opportunity & Diversity
- August 4 & 5 – Strategic Planning Retreat Facilitators: Abby Vollmer, Director, NASPA Advisory Services & Lea Jarnigin, Independent Higher Education Consultant Invited Advisory Committee
- Kabria Allen-Zaiee, Residence Life Coordinator, Student Housing
- Angela Chen, Director, DREAM Center
- Adelí Durón, Director, Latinx Resource Center
- Ed Ekpeju, Director, Sorority & Fraternity Life
- Meladee Garst, Assistant Director, Counseling Center
- Brice Kikuchi, Associate Vice Chancellor, Auxiliary Services
- Jess Leggett, Creative & Marketing Communications Director, Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
- Matthew Mallari, Manager of Support Services, Student Health Center
- Peter Thach, Campus Social Worker, Office of Campus Social Work
Staff input on proposed vision, mission and values statements.
Click here to provide your feedback.