UCI Student Affairs Employees of the Month
Student Affairs Employees of the Month
About the Program
The Student Affairs Employee of the Month program will recognize contributions of staff employees from each cluster in the Division of Student Affairs.
Employees are nominated by their colleagues and reviewed by campus partners outside of the Division of Student Affairs.
Currently employed staff.
Student staff, temporary staff, or third party staff are not eligible.
Staff who are recognized as employees of the month will be highlighted in our quarterly newsletter and will be eligible for Staff of the Year. All nominees will receive a certificate of recognition. There is no financial compensation connected to this award.
For questions please contact Alexandra Murillo.
Criteria for Nomination & Selection
A scoring model will be used by the Employee of the Month Selection Committee based upon the following criteria. However, an employee need not meet all these requirements to receive the award. In order for the committee to fully evaluate the nominated employee’s attributes and/or achievements, it is important that specific examples are cited in the letters of recommendation.
Attitude and Commitment
- Dedicated to fulfilling job responsibilities
- Demonstrates good customer service skills
- Active involvement in committees, fundraisers, fairs, trainings, and other miscellaneous activities
- Serves as a role model to others
- Goes above and beyond the requirements of the job
- Displays a helpful, cooperative and positive attitude towards superiors and co-workers
- Consistently friendly and available to others
- Uses effective listening skills
- Has a team player attitude
- Voluntarily assists co-workers in order to complete important department projects
- Knowledgeable of UCI policy and procedure
- High overall quality of performance
- Accurately completes work assignments on time
- Controls high stress situations tactfully and calmly
- Takes initiative
- Willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Ability to train others and gladly willing to do so
- Maintains an appropriate and neat personal appearance
- Professional demeanor
- Conscientious, honest, hardworking
- Integrity, on and off the job
Nomination Due Dates
Nominations are due the last Friday or every month for the current month.
January: January 31
February: February 28
March: extended to April 10
April: May 8
May: June 5
June: June 26
July: July 31
August: August 28
September: September 30
October: October 30
November: November 20
December: December 18